Chris Hibbard, Painter and Print Maker — Biography
Born Bristol 1944.
Studied painting at Bath Academy of Art, 1968-1972 (Diploma in Art and Design, First Class Honours).
Westward TV Open Art Exhibition, 1971 (Non-Purchase Award).
Stowell's Trophy Exhibition, 1972 ICA (Non-Purchase Award).
Studied at Cardiff College of Art, 1972-1973 (Art Teacher Certificate).
Exhibited at various open exhibitions in Great Britain.
Exhibited by the Britsh Council, Odder, Denmark, 1975.
Work in private and public collections.
Taught in special education, 1974-2001.
Member of Bath Society of Artists.
Since 2006 has exhibited in open exhibitions including:
- Bankside Gallery
- Bath Society of Artists
- Centre Space Gallery
- Clifton Arts Club
- Grant Bradley Gallery
- Royal West of England Academy (RWA)
- Spike Island
- Workshop Wales
- RWA 168th Annual Open Exhibition, 5th December 2020 - 7th March 2021
- The Bath Society of Artists 115th Open Exhibition, showing online in association with the Victoria Art Gallery, Bath from 2nd November 2020 - 3rd January 2021. Awarded Pegasus Art Prize
- BSA Members Show 2020 at the RUH Bath, 7th October 2020 - 14th January 2021
- Artime, Hanham, Bristol
- Clifton Arts Club Members Exhibition Malago, Bedminister, 4th November - 1st December, 2019
- RWA 167th Annual Open Exhibition, 29th September - 1st December, 2019
- Clifton Arts Club 110th Annual Open Summer Exhibition, 3rd - 17th August, 2019. Prize of Excellence.
- Scene: Reflections on the Life of Edward Gordon Craig, University of Bristol Theatre Collection, 21st June - 1st October, 2019
- 114th Open Exhibition 2019 Bath Society of Artists, 18th May - 29th June, 2019
- Sawdust and Sequins: The Art Of The Circus, RWA, 24th March - 3rd June, 2018
- 113th Open Exhibition 2018, Bath Society of Artists, 24th March - 12th May, 2018
- Clifton Arts Club 109th Annual Open Summer Exhibition, 4th - 19th August, 2018
- RWA 166th Annual Open Exhibition, 7th October - 25th November, 2018
- Pay & Display Prize 2017 Exhibition, Centre Space Gallery, February 4th - February 15th, 2017
- 112th Open Exhibition 2017, Bath Society of Artists, 20th May - 15th July, 2017
- RWA 165 Annual Open Exhibition, 1st October. - 3rd December, 2017
- Clifton Arts Club Members Exhibition, 1st December - 9th December, 2017
- Bristol Pay & Display Open Submission Exhibition, Centre Space Gallery, March 4th - March 9th, 2016
- 111th Open Exhibition, Bath Society of Artists, 23rd April - 4th June, 2016
- Members Exhibition - Steak of the Art, Clifton Arts Club, 26th April - 4th June, 2016
- 108th Open Exhibition, Clifton Arts Club, 6th - 21st August, 2016
- 164th Annual Open Exhibition, RWA, 9th October - 27th November, 2016
- The Masters | Etching, Bankside Gallery London, 9th November - 20th November, 2016
- DRAWN - Open Submission Exhibition, Royal West of England Academy, 21st March - 7th June 2015
- 110th Summer Exhibition, Bath Society of Artists, 10th May - 27th June 2015
- New Visions V, Grant Bradley Gallery , Bristol 6th June - 11th August 2015
- 107th Annual Open Art Exhibition, Clifton Arts Club, 10th July - 25th July, 2015
- 163rd Annual Open Exhibition, RWA, 4th October - 29th November, 2015.
- Members Exhibition - Steak of the Art, Clifton Arts Club, 3rd November - November November, 2015
- 161st Annual Open Exhibition, The Royal West of England Academy - 24th November 2013 - 26th January 2014
- Show & Tell, Grant Bradley Gallery - 8th March - 29th March 2014
- Bath Society of Artists 109th Annual Exhibition (Bath Society of Artists Graphics Prize), Victoria Art Gallery, Bath - 5th April - 31st May 2014
- Clifton Arts Club - Bristol Crown Court Robing Room 29th Sept. - 28th Nov.2014
- 162nd Open Exhibition, The Royal West of England Academy, 12th Oct - 7th Dec. 2014
- Cornucopia, Grant Bradley Gallery - 9th Feb - 2nd March
- Spike Open 2013, Bristol 4th May - 6th May
- New Visions 111, Grant Bradley Gallery 8th June - 27th July
- Annual Exhibition, Bath Society of Artists - 6th July - 31st August
- Open Exhibition, Clifton Arts Club - 20th July - 3rd August
- In Living Colour, Grant Bradley Gallery - 3rd August - 31st August
- Artist-connect, Corrigan Associates, Bristol - November 2013